- Dig into dialogue, character’s actions and overall consistency of the character.
- Check manuscripts of internal consistency with the established sequence of events
- Audit the overall flow of the manuscript and the small scale flow from scene to scene.
- Dig into the writer’s chosen language, grammar, style, and phrasing.
- Overall impressions. How as a reader one enjoys the manuscript or where as a reader the manuscript drags and needs tightening.
- Tackle anything specific the writer asks for.
Nothing is off the table at this point in time the writer is preparing to move out of critique phase and into a professional editorial, a submission, or a publishing phase. Critique partners should give the writer everything they can (that’s within the bounds of what the writer asks for).